Typically we ship all your orders within 24 to 36 hours. During extremely hot/cold summer/winter temperatures we may make exceptions to this rule.
Prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures - both extreme heat and extreme cold can harm bacteria tests. Thus, at Avalon, we take the necessary steps to protect your orders from extreme temperatures during shipping.
As in most things, prevention is better than a cure. Therefore, at Avalon, we continuously monitor temperatures across the US, adjusting our shipping procedures to protect your orders as needed.
We treat one-day-ground shipments differently from shipments that spend extended time in transit.
We also look at delivery locations and may use different shipping options for orders going north vs. south, east vs. west.
We use any of the following options and combinations to keep your orders protected:
- We package the product in a larger box with added insulation.
- We avoid shipping over weekends to keep time in transit as short as possible.
- We delay shipping for a day or two until milder temperatures allow safe shipping.
If the above options will not be enough to protect your order, as during a prolonged heat/cold wave, we will communicate with you regarding shipping options. This allows you to make an informed decision on how you want us to proceed:
- We can delay shipping for an extended period of time.
- We can ship by 2nd day Air, which keeps the product from extended heat/cold exposure in a UPS truck. (This option will add to the cost of shipping.)
Please contact us if you receive damaged product. We’re committed to 100% customer satisfaction.